1/32 North American F-51D Mustang Korean War
Considered by many the most capable WWII fighters the Mustang was also active in the Korean War and this model creates one such F-51D.
It is a welcome first release in the dramatic highly detailed 1/32 Aircraft Series for over two years. Renamed from the P-51D to the F-51D to go along with the creation of the US Air Force the Mustang seemed set for gradual retirement as the jet aircraft took center stage. With the outbreak of hostilities on the Korean peninsula however that all changed. United Nations forces were hard pushed in the early stages of the war and USAF P-80s were unable to land in areas where there were frequently no proper runways.
The F-51D stepped in and performed admirably in a ground attack role as the United Nations forces pushed back.
• Parts are included for six 5-inch HVAR rockets.
• The wider paddle blade propeller is accurately recreated.
• Features a choice of SCR-522 transceiver with BC-453B receiver and new AN/ARC-3 transceiver set. Each has dedicated cockpit parts.
• New parts depict slitted fuselage side radiator access panel.
• Comes with seated and standing pilot figures the former with new head parts featuring the P-1A helmet used in the Korean war.
• Comes with three marking options (two U.S. and one Korean)
About the Model
• This is a 1/32 scale plastic model assembly kit. Length: 308mm, wingspan: 354mm.
• The familiar form of the F-51D is recreated in style and accuracy thanks to extensive study of actual Mustangs with fine details such as panel lines and rivets.
• The six wing machine guns feature individual parts for ammunition belts.
• Underbelly radiators have depictions of interior structure. Radiator and oil cooler flaps are moving parts.
• Choose whether to display the kit in flight or parked (can be changed after assembly) with dedicated landing gear parts included. The tail wheel is attached via magnet.
• Moving ailerons rudders and elevators use metal shafts and photo-etched parts. Flaps are also movable thanks to poly caps.
• Magnet-attached engine cowls are molded in appropriately thin plastic.
• Features a 16-page full color A5 booklet packed with information, and a dedicated four-language cover story.